Thursday, May 28, 2009

getting ready

Welcome to my first post! I leave for New York in just three days, and in that time I have to get my backpack fitted, buy some last-minute supplies, get travel vaccinations, get my hair cut, find out what kind of power bar I like best and catch up with friends before I leave for two and half months, to name just a few things. But, I'm definitely more excited than stressed, and it still doesn't seem like my plan for the summer is real. Here it is:

June 2 through June 5: New York, New York (to visit my friend Ben and see the city!)

June 5 through July 2: Haifa and Tel Aviv, Israel (to Haifa for Baha'i pilgrimage with my family and Tel Aviv to explore with my friend Micah)

July 2 through July 31:
Bangladesh (Along with four other UNC students, I will be working with an organization called Water Partners to make documentaries. I'm participating in a program called Students of the World.)

July 31 through ?:
Southeast Asia (This part is still in the planning stages, but my friend Griffin and I plan to backpack through Thailand and Malaysia after we finish filming in Bangladesh)

August 25: Reunite with my Tar Heel buddies and start my junior year at UNC!

I want to hear from all of you, so please send me e-mails about your fabulous summer adventures! Ideally, I'd like to sit down in an internet cafe, check my gmail and see more letters from friends and family than junk :)

I can't wait to get started!
-Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Have a fantastic time, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I'm mad that I took this long to find your blog

    2. I heard Detour bars are really good for this kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete