Monday, June 15, 2009

faces

It seems like this is turning into more of a photo blog... maybe because I've taken so many pictures, and we have been doing so many things that going back through my photos is the best way to review. But my brother put the newest version of iPhoto on my sister's laptop, and it has the ability to go through all your photos, find specific people's faces and organize them for you. This comes in very handy when you have over 1,000 in less than a week. So, I thought I'd use iPhoto to pull up some pictures of me in the various places I've been over the last 2 weeks because once I go to Tel Aviv on Wednesday, I'm not sure if I'll be able to add many pictures on here. (click "read more inside" to see the rest!)

Nissa moved to Haifa the week my family got here to work here for the next year. She uses us for free meals because her apartment's kitchen is scary :P


For the first time ever, my brother will hold my hand while we are walking, awww!


My mom and me in the courtyard of the House of Abbud in Akka.


My brother, our sherut-buddy Shiva and me exploring a street market in Akka. My mom bartered for a purple scarf for me, from 10 shekels down to 8. The exchange rate is about 4 shekels to one dollar.



Ok, this isn't a picture of me, but I think this is the sweetest building ever and I wanted to share. It's the Center for the Study of the Texts, and the circle in the roof lets light through into a garden that's one floor below ground level. It's hard to describe, but there's a fountain with a circular garden surrounding it, and all around that is a library. It's the coolest looking thing, and I hope one day I have an office that is that beautiful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment