Sunday, June 14, 2009

mortaz, and more photos


We saw this shirt in a market in Akka, and of course my brother and sister each had to buy one. (I'm planning on taking my brother's once he grows out of it).  The people running the shop didn't really understand why my whole family was laughing hysterically at this shirt, but one man informed us that this is a picture of a famous Syrian actor named Mortaz.



The gardeners here put a lot of effort into making the gardens surrounding all the holy places look beautiful year round.


This is a palm tree in the courtyard surrounding the Mosque of Al-Jazzar, something we visited when we walked through the old city of Akka.  Akka used to be a prison city where the founder of the Baha'i Faith, Baha'u'llah, was sent to live for nine years.  


My sister and brother and me while we were walking through Akka.

1 comment: