Tuesday, June 9, 2009

haifa

Hi everyone,

I just have time for a quick update- I'm writing from Haifa now, and my family has been here for three days.  When we first arrived  on the train, we could see the Shrine of the Bab from the train station, and it was crazy to see something I have looked at in pictures for my whole life less than a mile away.  Yesterday we actually went to see it, and today we took a bus over the other side of Haifa, near Akka, to visit the Shrine of Baha'u'llah.  These are both very holy places in the Baha'i Faith, and the gardens surrounding each of the shrines are so beautiful.  I had the thought that if the whole world looked like them, it would be a much happier place because it's impossible to feel angry when you are surrounded by so much beauty.  Of course, it's pretty impractical to expect that because the people who work here spend a lot of time and energy making sure that the holy places are as beautiful as they are.  But anyway, I've taken a ton of pictures, but with the limited access to internet and the plugs that fit American chargers, I can't upload them and show them to you quite yet.  But I hope to post some soon and also reflect more deeply on what we've been doing and seeing here, once I have more time.  
Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment